Tropical Cyclone Seroja
We have put together a dedicated page with information for those impacted by TC Seroja. Click here to see it.
Bushfire Volunteer Training
Free training will be held for any current or interested bushfire brigade volunteers at the Shire Office from 2.00pm on Thursday 23 September 2021. See below for more information on becoming a volunteer.
Bushfire Advisory Committee Meeting
Our next BFAC Meeting is Thursday 23 September 2021 from 6:00pm at the Shire Office. If you would like to get involved with the local volunteer bushfire brigade, contact Murray Thomas on 0428 281 157.
Prohibited and Restricted Burning
Our current schedule is as follows:
- Open Burning: 16 March to 30 September
- Restricted Burning: 1 October to 31 October; 1 February to 15 March
- Prohibited Burning: 1 November to 31 January
Please ensure you are exercising caution with any burning off that you are conducting, even if it is during open season. The DFES website has some information to help landowners.
Responsible burning means:
- Only burning when weather conditions are favourable (avoiding hot, dry and windy conditions)
- Ensuring you have a suitable water supply to manage the fire should it grow out of control
- Supervising fires
- Maintaining firebreaks or clearing flammable material away from the edges of the planned fire
- Notifying your neighbours or local bushfire brigade where appropriate
This guide from DFES may also provide some helpful information.
Our Firebreak Notice 2021-22 contains more information.
During a Restricted Burning period you must have a permit from the Chief Bushfire Control Officer to do any burning.
Prohibited Burning means there is to be strictly no burning.
For queries or assistance, contact Chief Bushfire Control Officer Murray Thomas on 0428 281 157 or the Shire on 08 9928 1102.
It’s important to have a plan for bushfire season. For information on how to prepare a bushfire plan, we suggest visiting the DFES website’s Bushfire Preparation page.
You can keep track of any of WA’s bushfire warnings and fire bans here.
You can find out more about Total Fire Bans and Harvest and Vehicle Movement Bans via the menu below.