Please use the form below to provide us with feedback. Your feedback will fall into one of several categories. For convenience, the following definitions are provided:
Complaint – a statement of dissatisfaction by a customer regarding the unsatisfactory delivery of a product or service offered by the Shire or the unsatisfactory conduct of Shire staff. Example: After advising your neighbour of the disturbance to no effect, you wish to formally complain about a consistently barking dog or you believe that in an interaction with Shire staff you have been discriminated against.
Compliment – positive feedback about a product or service or Shire staff member. Example: You would like to recognise and thank the Shire for an event that was successful and provided positive benefits to you, your family or a community group you represent.
Suggestion – suggested service/product improvement or an innovation or idea. Example: You have noticed some information on our website is not up to date or you become aware of an initiative for generating renewable energy that could be adapted and used in our community.
Request for information – an enquiry or request for information about our services, facilities, policies or procedures. Example: You would like to know the requirements for building a shed on your property.
Request for service – request for action to be taken in relation to a service or product. Example: You have recently driven on one of our roads that is quite corrugated and would like us to inspect its condition and repair/grade if required.
How complaints will be handled
- When we receive your complaint it will be recorded and you will receive acknowledgement from us that your complaint has been received.
- Your complaint will be directed to the most appropriate person within the Shire of Mingenew who will be responsible for keeping you up to date on the progress of your complaint. Throughout the process, we may need to contact you to discuss your concerns or to ask for more information.
- Providing us with current contact details (such as a telephone number or email address) will ensure we provide a response as soon as possible.
- After investigating we will respond and aim to resolve your complaint – giving reasons for our view.
- We will do our best to resolve your complaint within ten (10) working days, but if we require more time, we will keep you informed of our progress.
Please note that the Shire is unable to accept anonymous formal complaints as this does not provide an acceptable level of accountability and procedural fairness.
The Shire values your privacy and, unless required to do so by law, will keep your personal information confidential and not disclose without your consent. Complaints regarding the conduct of staff should be referred to the CEO or Governance Officer to ensure sensitivity and confidentiality is maintained and procedural justice can be protected. Complaints regarding the conduct of Elected Members must be reported to the designated ‘Complaints Officer’ in accordance with s5.105 of the Local Government Act 1995, which is the Chief Executive Officer. A Complaints Register is maintained and published on the Shire’s website.
How your information or work request will be handled
When we receive your request, if it cannot be responded to on the spot, we will record and acknowledge the request.
Your request will be directed to the most appropriate person within the Shire of Mingenew who will be responsible for keeping you up to date on the progress of your request.
We will do our best to meet your request, or, if not appropriate to do so, we will advise of any delays or issues.
All requests requiring urgent action will be prioritised for action within one (1) business day (or sooner, as deemed appropriate) where the health and safety of members of the public, staff or property is at risk.
Where possible, we will contact you within ten (10) business days to advise that:
- the request has been met;
- is scheduled for action (timeframe to be set and met);
- will be considered for action beyond the current financial year;
- the request has been referred to another agency;
- further information is required before a decision is made; or
- the request will not be met (reasons to be provided).
Submit your Feedback
This form is to be used to bring to the attention of Council staff any complaints, compliments, suggestions or requests for the Shire of Mingenew.