The bank building is located at 50 Midlands Road, Mingenew directly in front of the Post Office and Community Resource Centre.
The space is ground floor level and consists of main area with one built-in office space, kitchenette and toilet. The area is approximately 45m2. It is intended the building will be leased as is. The building was originally utilized as a bank.
The intent of leasing this space is to further the delivery of the Shire’s Strategic Community Plan 2019-2029 vision:
“Mingenew Shire is a safe, inclusive and connected community with a thriving local economy that provides opportunity for all to succeed.”
To that end, we will preference applications which are aligned with the Strategic Community Plan’s goals and values. This will include (but not be limited to) proposed uses which:
- Support economic growth and social strengthening for Mingenew
- Provide services, goods and spaces to meet community and visitor needs
- Further develop of the community’s diverse culture and heritage
- Generate employment within the area especially for the youth
- Encourage people and families to move to the area
- Build on, and promote agriculture and local products within the region
- Encourage tourists to spend more time in Mingenew and the region
- Support digital infrastructure in town and in rural areas
- Promote and enable local businesses to grow and prosper
- Strive to grow Mingenew’s population
The following information is to be included in the Expression of Interest response:
- The name and contact details of the proponent
- Company profile and previous relevant experience
- The vision for the venture and physical space
- How this vision links to and supports the Shire’s Strategic Community Plan 2019-2029
- The term of the lease and options
- Commencement date of lease
- Proposed rent per annum range
The application will be assessed according to:
- Alignment with Community Strategic Plan
- Experience and capacity for applicant to deliver on vision
- Perceived community benefit
- Proposal value for money
A copy of the Application Form can be found here.
Making an Enquiry or Submission
Any enquiries, regarding the Expression of Interest process, including requests to inspect the building, should be directed to Margaret Rowe, Project Officer:
T: 9928 1102
Submissions can be emailed to the above address, posted to PO Box 120 Mingenew WA 6522 or delivered by hand to 21 Victoria Street, Mingenew WA 6522.
To view a copy of the Strategic Community Plan 2019-2029, click here or visit the Shire office for a hard copy.
More information, including a copy of the Application Form can be found right here, or by contacting the Shire directly.
Expressions of Interest will be received up to 4.00pm Friday 27th September 2019. Any submissions received after the closing date will not be accepted.< See More News